Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sagada: rice terraces

Sagada is a 5th class municipality in Mountain Province--which means that there is nothing much in terms of economic activity and development. However, it is an excellent destination for those looking for adventure; the geography offers caves ideal for spelunking even by amateur cave explorers, as well as several scenic hiking trails.



Typical mountail trail










Hanging coffins (apparently the traditional burial practice is still being observed but limited to members of the ruling clans).















St. Mary's Cathedral




Some must-try gastronomic delights at Yoghurt House

3 comments:

SaGaDa-iGoRoT said...

simply breathtaking photos. thanks for sharing.

SaGaDa-iGoRoT said...

it's my second visit here. just to leave a note and say that i featured your blog post in one of my recent list of sagada photo galleries.

cheers from the,
blog of the SaGaDa-iGoRoT

denryuu said...

Hi, SaGaDa-iGoRot. Thanks for posting my photos. I am glad you enjoyed them; it was my intention anyway to share the beauty of your hometown to the world. Too bad, as the title of this blog indicates, I am using only a so-so megapixel digital Olympus so the photos may not be as breathtaking. But if you ask me, I'd prefer seeing the actual, there in Mountain Province. Again, thank you.